Althea Petal Velvet Powder Review

Tuesday, August 29, 2017


A perfect fragrant translucent mattifying powder - an exclusive product from Althea.kr
Dewy look may look cute and fresh sometimes but I can't really achieve it when I'm always outside plus the fact that I live in such a tropical country. That's why I am always on the lookout for the perfect mattifying make-up. I realized as I explored the world of make-up, even the liquid foundation that promises a 24 hour matte is impossible. The perfect solution is to apply a sebum control powder on top of your glorious make-up to achieve a smooth matte finish!

If you haven't heard of a sebum control powder yet, it's a mineral powder that absorbs oil - sebum that keep skin fresh and soft all day. It's a great alternative than to use your usual make-up powder for retouch because sebum translucent powder will not make skin cakey instead it will give skin a glow with a fresh finish look.


Althea just launched its first ever product which is the Petal Velvet Powder

What is it?

Althea's Petal Velvet Powder is made with a microfine particles that minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines to reveal a flawless, petal-like complexion. Its translucent and perfect qualities also create a satin finish that mattifies without dehydrating the skin. 

MAIN INGREDIENTS

Althea Flower Seeds - Yup, the brand's name is actually a flower. Now I know why it smells so freakin' good that it's a little bit addicting. It is not the kind of fragrance that is too much that makes you cringe but not less also. Just the exact kind of smell that everyone would probably love! The seed extract is full of anti-oxidants thus the Althea Velvet Powder gives the skin a satin finish that is not dehydrating yet mattifies the skin.

Green Tea Seeds - contains Vitamin A, B2 and Catechin that controls sebum and brightens the skin at the same time.

Cruelty-Free Ingredients - SILICA, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHICONE, HIBISCUS SYRIACUS SEED EXTRACT, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, MALTODEXTRIN, FRAGRANCE

TEXTURE

Althea Velvet Powder has a very lightweight formula and very fine powder that gives skin a shine free and glowy soft finish.


PACKAGING

It is carefully packed in a small glass container with a minimalist combination of white and pastel pink. The packaging looks really cute yet sophisticated! As I tried to get some powder, I find the the holes too big that cause excess product to fall out. It needs some gentle usage to save excess powder. 

It contains a thick fluffy puff to absorb the product and dab on your face. 



APPLICATION

I love that Althea's Petal Velvet Powder gives me an instant matte silky finish. It's very lighweight and my skin feels so soft after using it. It has an instant pore minimizing effect too! I have a combination of dry and oily skin so the skin-perfect formula is perfect to set my make-up without caking. 

I love using it directly on top of bb cream using the puff that comes along with it. No make-up powder to lessen my skin to become cakey. I suggest using the puff instead of a brush because the loose powder falls off easily when I tried using my powder brush.


LONGEVITY

My face stayed silky matte for about 3-4 hours when I'm outside. While I'm in the office, I don't bother to fully retouch my whole face except for the side parts of my nose. My nose part stayed sebum free for 5-6 hours before I retouch. 


HOW MUCH AND WHERE TO BUY

Althea's Petal Velvet Powder retails for Php 210. This is an exclusive product by Althea itself that you can purchase only on their website ~ ph.althea.kr

Rate: 5/5

What do you guys think about this product? Let me know your thoughts! :)

Love Always,
Maria Hazel

Post a Comment