My Breastfeeding Essentials ( First-Time Mom )

Wednesday, May 29, 2019


Sharing my breastfeeding essentials as a first time mom. I’m making sure my list is short but practical. :)

When I was still pregnant, I really want to breastfeed my child. Because according to my research, breastmilk has anti-bodies and nutrients that even the best formula milk can’t provide. And of course, who wouldn’t want that for their baby, right? So as my due date is getting nearer, I bought some breastfeeding essentials and here’s my list.

1. Mega-Malunggay Capsules

When baby Asher was born, I was able to fed him for the first 3 days but my milk supply became low. I don’t know if it’s because he doesn’t latch properly or it’s because I haven’t properly eaten after giving birth because of food restrictions (CS mom here).

Mega-Malunggay Capsules

I took these malunggay capsules when I hit 35 weeks, 2 weeks before Asher was born. And I continue to take them when I was already allowed to eat solid food. And it’s very effective because my breast milk came back eventually on the 5th day also putting hot compress on both breasts.

Take 3x of Mega-Malunggay capsules a day and for sure, you’re gonna leak! :) You can get this online at https://vpharma.ph and now available at Watsons and Mercury Drug.

Instagram: @vpharmaph 

2. Herbilogy Breastfeeding Tea

Your fellow mommies most likely would recommend for you to eat more soup meals, more sabaw to boost your milk production.

Herbilogy Breastfeeding Tea

But if you’re like me, who doesn’t have any extra helper to cook food, this is best for you. Trust me, you will have no time to cook. You can also get this at https://vpharma.ph.

3. Haakaa Breastfeeding Pump

Honestly, when I started buying baby stuff, I was overwhelmed on how expensive electric breastfeeding pumps are. They cost thousands. And for me, it’s not practical to buy an electric breastfeeding pump if you aren’t sure your milk supply is stable. Ideally, you should start pumping when your baby hit 6 weeks.

Haakaa Breast Pump

But I discovered Haakaa, it’s an easy-peasy manual breastfeeding pump. You just have to suction it once, and it will catch all your letdown milk. I use it either my baby is latching on the other side or even if he’s not. I started using it when I noticed my boobies were leaking. It’s better to invest on Haakaa first. I even started building my stash using only the Haakaa pump because I have no time to use the electric pump. And it doesn’t hurt my boobies. I’m telling this again, it’s so easy to use. I got the 150ml and it’s flower stopper.

Beware of fake, so I suggest you to visit their account to see the list of authorized retailers.

Instagram: @haakaaphilippines

4. Lil Twinkies Breastmilk Storage Bags

I got one box of this even before my baby was born. I am that positive that I’ll have breastmilk for my baby Asher. Haha.

Lil Twinkies Breastmilk Storage Bags

I use this to build my stash of milk. Also, this is an essential because it’s good to have extra breastmilk stored on your freezer that your husband or babysitter could use to feed the baby if you’re going out and don't have time to pump anymore.

5. Lactation Goodies

There’s a tons of lactation goodies nowadays. Breads, chocolate cookies, oatmeals, power balls, and etc. to feed your boobies! If you want to have stable milk supply, get yourself lactating treats.

Here’s some of the lactating goodies I tried!

Lactation Cookies from @pastryandtreats

Power Balls from @pastryandtreats

Flavored Lactating Oatmeals IG: @lactationcorner

Flavored Lactating Oatmeals IG: @lactationcorner
6. Nipple Cream

I thought I will not need this but as the week goes by, my nipple was so sore. So pregnant mommas, better get this in advance! I got mine from Orange and Peach, and their nipple balm is so good! You really need this on your hospital bag. This is safe to babies also, no need to wipe out before breastfeeding.
Instagram: @orangeandpeach

Orange and Peach Nipple Balm with Virgin Coconut Oil



And that’s all! Very short list but I’m sure it’ll be worth it. These helped me to boost my breastmilk. I am no way professional but I would love to share my experience and recommendations. :) Hope this will help you mommas!

And don’t forget! Stay positive. Take care of yourself. Whatever it is you’re going through right now, it’ll pass. Don’t worry, you’re not alone experiencing the difficulties of motherhood. ;)

Love Always,
Maria Hazel

Post a Comment